Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Pictures




So here are some random pictures I thought I would post before working on some homework. The first picture is of me and Moose (a friend in the program who is a huge soccer fan) with Martin Palermo (a famous Argentine Soccer player). We were at the airport returning from Iguazu Falls and I noticed a lady taking a picture with a guy and as I got started looking I noticed it was Martin. Being young and fearless, I approached him and asked if Moose and I could have a picture with him, here is the result. The second picture is a dance club in the Campo (farm) in Wheelwright called Indiana. I found it hilarious that the only club in this small town was named after Indiana so I knocked on the door, told the owners I was from Indiana, and got a tour of "Indiana" in Argentina. I felt right at home. The third picture is a tarantula I walked across in Brazil when I ventured off the beaten path. I hate spiders but I was brave long enough to take this picture and get out of there. Minutes later I ran across a huge snake on the same trail that forced me to throw in the towel and head back to safe terrain. The last picture is of me preparing an Asado (grilling out) for my family in Buenos Aires. I learned how they grill their meat down here while wearing a bounya (typical farmer hat) and my farmer shoes (not in picture). The Argentine style of grilling is quite different but I think it produces a better flavor. To explain quickly, they create a fire on the side of the grill and then break the coals off with a shovel and move them underneath the meat. It takes a little longer but the smoke from the wood produces a natural mouthwatering flavor. I am looking forward to preparing an Asado for you all when I get back. Those are all the pictures for now. I hope you are enjoying my photos and I will add some more this week sometime. 

Love,
Jon

2 comments:

BigKatTiger007 said...

truJon
Your old Radio and TV teacher here, got the info on how to chat with you from your dad. Getting cold up here I am happy to hear you are doing so well in South America.
If you want to see tiger news we have an new website you can watch the news monday through friday.
www.tigersports-news.com
If you get home for Christmas and you get time look me up and I will buy you a beer.
be safe, when you get home we can talk about the election results.
B

Brian Thallemer said...

jon, glad to hear all is goin well in argentina! your mom told me to check out your blog, good stuff! looks like youre having the time of your life down there. i talked to shirlee the other day and she mentioned something about your friend really wanting to come still. me and my family are still interested in hosting him if he wants to come. i think it would be a really good opportunity not only for him, but for me as well. just keep me posted on whats up. take it easy bud.

p.s.-lovin' the rosetta stone! thanks again for that.